We are seeking to hire an A marketing manager and Public Relation specialist who is responsible for The marketing portfolio manages the positioning of the School’s brand, digital marketing and its communication with key stakeholders. This position must be able to deliver a suite of marketing services from reporting, copywriting and graphic design to brand, reputation and campaign management and maintaining a positive image for our school and will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our company. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching client representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with clients.
To be successful in this role, you will need a deep understanding of consumer marketing. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience in handling a press conference is also an advantage.
- Collating material and editing copy for the schools monthly newsletter, circuited to internal and external audiences.
- Writing and delivering content and social media plans.
- Updating information about the School on external websites and directories
- Creating fresh and up-to-date web content, to pass to the Web Development Officer and Web Designer as necessary
- Providing ideas and input into the development of new remarketing materials
- Marketing collateral and publicity material
- Writing and producing marketing material (brochures, posters, flyers etc.) for the School’s programs, liaising with the relevant academic staff and Admissions Tutors to update content as necessary; sourcing student and graduate testimonials; liaising with in-house and external designers for all production issues
- Preparing marketing collateral for the School’s corporate relations activities and External Relations
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for senior academics at recruitment events and conferences
- Coordinating and writing the School’s entries into University prospectuses- both hard copy and online, including liaison with Postgraduate and Undergraduate Admissions
- Assisting in the compiling media plans
- Responsible for the School’s publicity stands and other event support material- ordering new stock as required and ensuring the supply of stock to events and Overseeing the school’s attendance at events, such as trade shows, conferences, and festivals.
- Selection and ordering of promotional merchandise for exhibitions and for use as corporate gifts
- Managing the stock of all marketing collateral i.e. brochures; creating systems to identify when stock needs to be replenished
- Looking after the budget of the marketing department and making sure the budget spend is delivering a return on investment.
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote clients.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stockholder views of the organization’s agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote products, ideas, and services.
- Updating and maintaining Web content. -Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
• Degree level qualification in marketing, communications or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in marketing (either client or agency side)
• Sound knowledge of working with segmented customer base to implement customer focused strategies.
• Analytical skills, able to interpret multiple data sets to identify trends.
• Commercially astute with a very good understanding of financial metrics, able to set budgets, assess P&L performance, evaluate ROI.
• A sound knowledge of the full marketing mix including strategy development and planning, campaign development, measurement and tracking, optimization.
• A comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of on-line / digital marketing including website management and online advertising.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write high quality marketing copy.
• Good ICT skills (e.g. Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint),
• Experience handling a press conference.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to pitch to media.
• Knowledge of consumer marketing.
• An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
• Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
• Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
• Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
• Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
• Project and budget management skills.
• Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
• Quick and enthusiastic learner.
• Experience of using Content Management Systems and of social media.
• Experience of using customer databases / CRM platforms