#1 School in Kurdistan 2018-2019
The BISK vision
The BISK mission is to convert learners of today into leaders of Kurdistan and the global community by providing an international education in a safe, secure and supportive environment that will significantly increase student achievement through the application of continuous improvement strategies. We are devoted to preparing all of our students to become caring, contributing, compassionate, productive and successful leaders of tomorrow.
- At BISK:
- We believe that every student can learn, and every child will learn with the right individualized teaching plan that accounts for their own pace and style of learning.
- We believe that every student has their own unique and individual style, path and pace to learning. Every student should have equal access to reaching their potential with an educational plan that suits their needs, whatever they may be.
- We believe that multi-lingual and multi-cultural education prepares students to be citizens of a healthy, pluralistic and coexisting society based on mutual respect.
- We believe in respecting difference, and that discrimination of any kind has no place in society, and therefore it has no place at BISK.
- We believe that the classrooms and school environment should support every student’s emotional, social, cultural and educational needs.
- The learning that is authentic involves real-life world problems.
- Everyone is treated equally and we respect other cultures and beliefs.
- We believe learning happens in and out of the classroom.
- We believe we achieve more if we work as a team.
- The responsibility for educational success is a partnership between the school and the home.
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive teaching and learning environment that can help our students to adjust to different environments.
- We believe in honoring the past, to understand the future.
- We believe that pride in one’s cultural identity is the foundation for personal individuality, and both are celebrated at BISK.
BISK Golden Rules
- At BISK:
- Give respect, and you will be respected.
- Be kind, polite and look after each other.
- Lead by setting an example for others.
- Believe in yourself and be helpful.
- Show you know right from wrong.
- Contribute to your community.